moving parallel lines  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.

Mar 05 2007

I draw a lot of parallel lines on the chart.
it is difficult the pick out the line to move its location. Especially if there are other lines nearby, I have to click many times before I can pick out the correct one.

the reason is because the hand icon has very coarse resolution. When I move the hand icon near a line, it is impossible to know where is the pickup point.

please take a look at QuoteTracker as an example. They use an additional dot as the pick up point. You can move that dot precisely into position with confidence.

Mar 09 2007

Yes,

This is very poor. I have search and see several people mention problems with drawing. Is this due for fix TSSupport?

Kate

Mar 12 2007

I draw a lot of parallel lines on the chart.
it is difficult the pick out the line to move its location. Especially if there are other lines nearby, I have to click many times before I can pick out the correct one.

the reason is because the hand icon has very coarse resolution. When I move the hand icon near a line, it is impossible to know where is the pickup point.
Thank you for your feedback. We'll think about implementing the cursor with more precise resolution.