Free Quotes EWZ  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
scrichley

Jun 09 2024

Good afternoon,

I'm using Multicharts to trade high volume ETFs on daily bars. For some reason, FreeQuotes cannot find daily bar data for EWZ, ILF, BRZU, FLBR, or EWW. Most of the NYSE Arca based ETFs all drop in no problem... any advice? These are super liquid... There are some previous posts from other members having the same problem.

I may buy the basic data package from IB soon, so maybe I could get it from them in the future...

Thanks for your support,

Shawn

Kate MultiCharts

Jun 10 2024

Hello Shawn,

Which MultiCharts version are you using (Help → About MultiCharts)?
I tried EWZ and ILF in MultiCharts 15 with all the updates installed, and data was loaded fine.
Free Quotes EWZ and ILF.jpg
(115.15 KiB) Not downloaded yet

scrichley

Jun 10 2024

Good morning,

I just updated to the latest version of 15. I was running an older version. I deleted the symbols from quote manager and added them again. However, I'm still getting the no data error for both of these ETFs with Free Quotes. I've attached the setup and the error message.

Thank you,

Shawn
Attachments
ILF setup.png
(8.14 KiB) Not downloaded yet
No data error.png
(22.93 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Kate MultiCharts

Jun 10 2024

Shawn,

Please run the built-in Update Patch app to install some data processing improvements that we've added for Free Quotes.
It might also be necessary to reload your charts afterwards (View → Reload)

scrichley

Jun 10 2024

Bingo, that fixed the problem! Thank you. Feel like this is the help desk equivalent of "is it plugged in"...