Signal Format

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Eric1704

Jun 16 2024

In Multi Charts are Conditions always declared first? NT does not do so. So wanted to clarify.

Condition1 = h>h1

if Condition1 then buy be3xt bar at market

Instead of simply as in NT8

if h>h1 then buy next bar at market

Thanks.

OZ Trade

Jun 17 2024

You don't have to necessarily assign the results of a Boolean expression to {Condition1, Condition2, . . . , Conditionn} or any other variable for that matter.

{Condition1, Condition2, . . . , Conditionn} simply hold the results of Boolean expression which are the equivalent of Vars: Cond1 (FALSE), . . . , Condn (FALSE); but without having to declare them as variables.

Your question once again touches more on the absolute basics of programming rather than the difference between software.. perhaps try reading a beginners guide to programming

Eric1704

Jun 17 2024

Thanks. Then have to figure out why it does not understand a simple statement like "lastswing>close" as no signals show up. Unless when lastswing is becoming true it is not reading >close last? Because both can happen to be true on bar that just closed. Any suggestions as you are the expert.

OZ Trade

Jun 17 2024

Sorry I have no clue what is this function 'lastswing' as it's not a build-in or listed function in PL Editor. A recognised built-in function will have blue writing and a recognised listed function will turn violet coloured when entered correctly.

That's all I have for you because I believe you need to work from the bottom up here with your understanding if you're going to have any success at all..

I doubt any experienced EL/PL programmer will be along to help until you demonstrate a mastery of the basics, that's to say you've put some time and effort to understand things before asking to be spoonfed

Eric1704

Jun 17 2024

It is a variable I made to mark swings. I am new to MC. Have spent more time on NT8. So you can help here. A candle loses nothing by lighting another.

TJ

Jun 17 2024

If this is a coding question, you have to post the codes.