C# (C sharp) for the Beginner

Laurentius

Aug 10 2012

I was trying to find some guides to where to begin and with thanks to RiverTrader's recommendation I found some stuff with C# that I hope can be useful.

C# Fundamentals: Development for Absolute Beginners - A 24 Parts video course. Needs Silverlight.

Learn Visual C# - A general overview with links.

Download Visual Studio C# 2008 Express - Link provided by both RiverTrader and SPTrader

Download Visual Studio C# 2010 Express

MC threads on the matter started by RiverTrader:
VB or C#
Visual Studio Express is Free Download

And by the way, I found out that IDE means "Integrated Development Environment" ;)

Laurentius
Last edited by Laurentius on Aug 11 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Laurentius

Aug 11 2012

Some additional links:

“How Do I?” Videos for Visual C# - Needs Silverlight. It's cataloged under Visual Studio 2010. Was not able to find a Visual C# 2008 equivalent.

Getting Started with Visual C# - Visual C# 2008

Getting Started with Visual C# - Visual C# 2010

"Object-Oriented Programming" - About on Wikipedia

"Object" - A definition on Wikipedia

TJ

Aug 11 2012

do a google search for

C# School
14 lessons to get you started with C# and .NET

darob

Nov 17 2016

I've been finding this resource helpful:

https://www.tutorialspoint.com/csharp/index.htm

Archer

Jun 14 2024

Hi!

Could someone please tell me which is the newest version of Visual Studio that is compatible with Multicharts.NET 15.0?

Thank you,
Archer

HellGhostEvocatorX

Jun 20 2024

First of all, this doesn't belong in this forum area, make a separate post for it. But to answer your question: every Visual Studio version is compatible with multicharts.net (personally, from version 17.10.x of visual Studio on wards, I have the problem that the debugger no longer updates the error list.) Multicharts.net uses the programming language c#, which is based on the so-called dot.net framework (a collection of code functions that simplifies programming because many standard functions are already provided by this framework (e.g. functions like Add for adding)). Visual Studio itself is just the programming environment, like the powerlanguage editor. The only important thing is that you install the right framework in Visualstudio (I mean net 4.0 is the latest framework that mutlicharts.net supports). You can also install multiple frameworks with. multicharts.net will also support newer frameworks in the near future.

Archer

Jun 22 2024

Thank you for your elaborate reply @HellGhostEvocatorX.

More than needed, but absolutely useful information for beginners.

The reason for posting my question here is that when I started this thread (yes I'm the former username Laurentius) Visual C# 2008 and Visual C# 2010 was the confirmed compatible versions, but to my efforts I have not been able find any downloads for these. Nor do I know if these would be compatible with MC.NET 15.0. So for beginners looking into this thread I expect a natural question would be "what about current?".

Concerning MC.NET 15.0 Polly at support replied:
"We have not tested the latest Visual Studio 2022 for MultiCharts .NET, but since MultiCharts .NET is tightly integrated with Microsoft Visual Studio IDE, there should be no issue with that. Visual Studio 2017 is working fine with MultiCharts .NET."

Archer