MultiCharts 15 Release 3

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Kate MultiCharts

Aug 09 2024

Dear Users,

MultiCharts 15 Release 3 is now available!

We’re excited to introduce new features and enhancements designed to elevate your trading experience:
  • Ruler Drawing Tool: Measure and analyze your charts with precision, perfect for pinpointing trends.
  • Updated Volume Profile: Enjoy a refined and updated Volume Profile display.
We’ve also added fixes and improvements to ensure smoother trading experience.

Find more info in our blog and the What's New section, and download the latest release from our Download page.

Thank you for your continued support!

TomasD

Aug 09 2024

GDI.JPG
GDI objects limit
(16.99 KiB) Not downloaded yet
After upgrading to Release 3, when I have Volume Delta/Imbalance Delta charts, the message GDI objects limit started popping up after a while. I had to go back to Release 2 where this problem is not present.

Edit:
I upgraded again to Release 3, when the GDI message came I sent Feedback as advised by Kate Multicharts
Last edited by TomasD on Aug 12 2024, edited 1 time in total.

PeterSt

Aug 10 2024

Hi,
The SA/AA and OPTIMIZE buttons will no longer be displayed in the Status Line if no signals are applied to the chart.
I don't think this is a good idea;
My MC still regularly kills the running Strategy because of an internal "unknown" error (2-3 times per day) and the first to notice is the SA/AA button to be grey instead of green. Now (R3) it will be gone and I must assume it does not run anymore. I really like to be explicitly informed (by the normally green button, now grey).

What was wrong with the error message at clicking the button with no Signals applied ?

elitecamper

Aug 10 2024

I have the same problem as TomasD. The GDI limit problem and then it crashes.

Kate MultiCharts

Aug 12 2024

I have the same problem as TomasD. The GDI limit problem and then it crashes.
Hello,

When the issue occurs, please send us a Feedback report with dumps, we'll look into it.
Click Windows Start and start typing "Feedback", the app will pop up.
In the Feedback window please select:
  • Attach a screenshot;
  • Attach log files…;
  • Attach minidump for crash analysis;
  • Snapshot of the current MC setup;
  • Open workspaces…;
  • Upload collected data to Help Desk;
    uncheck other options and click Send.

Kate MultiCharts

Aug 15 2024

Dear Users,

Our developers have reproduced the behavior with the GDI Objects on our end and have begun working on a fix.
In the meantime, disabling the "Show Max Bid/Ask Volume" option under Format → Instrument → Style tab should help.
Attachments
Show Max BidAsk Volume.png
(56.23 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Kate MultiCharts

Aug 15 2024

Hi,
The SA/AA and OPTIMIZE buttons will no longer be displayed in the Status Line if no signals are applied to the chart.
I don't think this is a good idea;
My MC still regularly kills the running Strategy because of an internal "unknown" error (2-3 times per day) and the first to notice is the SA/AA button to be grey instead of green. Now (R3) it will be gone and I must assume it does not run anymore. I really like to be explicitly informed (by the normally green button, now grey).

What was wrong with the error message at clicking the button with no Signals applied ?
Hi,

I've forwarded your feedback to the development team.

UPD: Our developers have informed me that improving this is on our roadmap for one of the upcoming releases.

Smoky

Aug 29 2024

now we can :

Charting/Data Handling
When constructing the first Renko bar, you can now set the Alignment – a numerical value that allows Renko bars to be built based on multiple prices.

but where are this new setup ?

Kate MultiCharts

Aug 30 2024

now we can :

Charting/Data Handling
When constructing the first Renko bar, you can now set the Alignment – a numerical value that allows Renko bars to be built based on multiple prices.

but where are this new setup ?
Hello Smoky,

This feature has been postponed, but the description remained in our 'What’s New' section. We apologize for any inconvenience. We will inform you as soon as it becomes available.

Smoky

Aug 30 2024

Hello Smoky,

This feature has been postponed, but the description remained in our 'What’s New' section. We apologize for any inconvenience. We will inform you as soon as it becomes available.
many users waiting this for long time for backtest accuracy...
Hope this come soon.

Nice new invisible bar feature too.

thanks