Can't get data for free quote futures  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
cyrillk

Oct 09 2011

Hi! Probably, I do smth wrong or just miss smth but I can't get any data for free quote futures. I just have started to use your software and now I try to use multicharts DT to get more information about your program. At the moment I don't have any subscription to realtime data provider so I try to use end-of-day free quotes. It works perfectly for stocks but when I try to add some futures it doesn't work. Would you mind to describe how do it as I cannot find any tutorial for this?

I tried to add custom futures, I tried to add futures manually and to modify preinstalled esignal futures to work with free quotes. It doesnot help for me, unfortunately.

Thanks a lot!

TJ

Oct 09 2011

Hi! Probably, I do smth wrong or just miss smth but I can't get any data for free quote futures. I just have started to use your software and now I try to use multicharts DT to get more information about your program. At the moment I don't have any subscription to realtime data provider so I try to use end-of-day free quotes. It works perfectly for stocks but when I try to add some futures it doesn't work. Would you mind to describe how do it as I cannot find any tutorial for this?

I tried to add custom futures, I tried to add futures manually and to modify preinstalled esignal futures to work with free quotes. It doesnot help for me, unfortunately.

Thanks a lot!
can you describe the following:

1. source of free quote
2. the symbol you used

cyrillk

Oct 10 2011

I have checked in "data sources" of quote manager and all sources of free quotes are activated (msn, google, yahoo). Last time I tried to add wheat futures as ZW.

TJ

Oct 10 2011

I have checked in "data sources" of quote manager and all sources of free quotes are activated (msn, google, yahoo). Last time I tried to add wheat futures as ZW.
As far as I know, these free quotes only provides data for Stocks, Mutual Funds, and Index.

Yahoo has quotes for futures, but only single quote (Last EOD), not list of historical quotes.

cyrillk

Oct 10 2011

Thanks. Probably, that is the problem.. Is there are any way to get free futures EOD quotes?

TJ

Oct 10 2011

Thanks. Probably, that is the problem.. Is there are any way to get free futures EOD quotes?
There used to be a couple of free websites,
but last time I checked, they are no longer in business.

JoshM

Oct 11 2011

Is there are any way to get free futures EOD quotes?
Check out Pi-trading, which has free futures EOD data for numerous instruments.

cyrillk

Oct 11 2011

Thanks a lot!