V15-B26125 - Orders and Data Series Dragging Bug - No Horz Lines after turn on

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Sky

V15-B26125 - Orders and Data Series Dragging Bug - No Horz Lines after turn on

Postby Sky » 15 May 2024

This is a great addition for the toolbox, but once initiated I can no longer add any drawings (horizontal lines,etc.) to Sub chart 1. I can add drawings tto SC2 or SC3, etc. but not to SC1 (main chart). If I turn the feature (ODSD) off I still can no longer add any drawings to my main chart, SC1. If I disconnect from my brokerage account and data feed, IB, still no way to add the drawings. It appears the ODSD, once initiated, blocks SC1 from allowing drawings to be added, even if I remove the data feed.

Sky

Re: V15-B26125 - Orders and Data Series Dragging Bug - No Horz Lines after turn on

Postby Sky » 16 May 2024

Yeah.....actually NONE of the drawing tools work on Sub Chart #1.

So MC, should I roll back while this BUG gets repaired?

It's been a long time since I've been in the forums, so maybe I'm late to this bug. Does anyone have a post on this bug?

Sky

Re: V15-B26125 - Orders and Data Series Dragging Bug - No Horz Lines after turn on

Postby Sky » 17 May 2024

Update: Ok, I'm updating from V12 to the V15. In V12 I could not clone a Horizontal Line as it was greyed out. In V15 you can clone a HL in subchart #1 (main chart). So I have my work around to the bug.

I still CANNOT add any drawings from the icon menu to the main chart, and await a response from the wizards at MC on confirmation of the bug?
Or, is the feature designed this way? If that is the case, how do we add drawings to the main chart?

Hey TJ, good to see Ur still in the game!....peace

Kate MultiCharts

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 17 May 2024

Hello Sky,

The described behaviour is not reproduced on our end.
Could you please attach/link a video demonstrating it here or send it to our support email?

Also, when the behaviour occurs, please send us a Feedback report: Help → Feedback.
In the Feedback window select the following options:
  • Attach a screenshot;
  • Attach log files…;
  • Snapshot of the current MC setup;
  • Open workspaces…;
  • Upload collected data to Help Desk;
    uncheck other options and click Send.

Sky

Postby Sky » 22 May 2024

Thanks Ms. Kate. I'm not exactly sure what happened but, I looked at cleaning up (removing) my Hidden and unused timeframes instruments. And viola, all is good. Happy to not have to submit a bug report headache. Thanks for the great new feature, as I don't have to dodge chart drawings to place manual trades. Peace out.

Return to “MultiCharts”