Playback price

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
BB123

Playback price

Postby BB123 » 15 May 2024

Nevermind... Figured it out.. You can use close to get the current value while using Playback. Which feels weird. Id think there would be a reserved word for currentprice or LastPrice or even just Price..
Last edited by BB123 on 17 May 2024, edited 1 time in total.

OZ Trade

Re: Playback price

Postby OZ Trade » 15 May 2024

hello

Its my understanding that during playback, all other 'un-played' bars essentially do not exist yet.. this means you cannot access their metrics..

A way to demonstrate this is with Symbol_Length.. this will usually return the total number of bars for the symbol accessible from any other point of execution from left to right as the script evaluates.. during playback it returns the bar number of the 'last played' bar

I speculate the the only way is to broadcast 'LastPrice' from some other chart or subchart that is not undergoing playback, achievable by the usual methods i.e. Global Vars, ADE etc..

BB123

Re: Playback price

Postby BB123 » 16 May 2024

Hi OZ. (embarrassedly) i was only talking about the current open candle price. I just didnt see anywhere that said "if using IntraBarPersist, close would give you the current price" . I just figured closed would only give the last closed price. Not last price of the current open candle.

Though, thankyou for your help.

Return to “MultiCharts”