Trading Performance Report

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
JBall

May 18 2024

Hi MC team,

there is the neat feature of Trading Performance Report, but it is only available, if connected to a Broker Profile.

Why is it only available online?
And what purpose does this serve?
Is there a way to work around this? (Or is it different for MC and MC .NET?)

I consider an on chart review of Trading Performance crucial. And I miss this feature during maintenance periods and when off-line.

Background: My broker usually starts maintenance on Saturday's between 10AM and 6PM. All orders available in Orders and Positions Tracker. Trades Summary perfectly matches my brokers account statement.

Thanks for your kind support!

With warm regards
J

Polly MultiCharts

May 20 2024

Hello JBall,

There are two types of performance reports in MultiCharts: Strategy Performance Report and Trading Performance Report.
  • Strategy (Backtesting) Performance Report can show both backtesting results and real trading results and can be accessible any time the signals are applied to the chart.
  • Trading Performance Report shows the orders available for this instrument in the Order and Position Tracker -> Orders tab within the chart’s data range, both filled during Manual and Auto trading (or received from other applications if this information is provided by the broker). For more info please see this page.

JBall

Jun 17 2024

Hello Polly,

thank you very much for the helpful link on differences between Strategy Performance Report and Trading Performance Report.
My question refers to Trading Performance Report.

Why is it necessary to be connected to a broker profile to view Trading Performance Report or show Historical Orders - Chart Trading?
If I am not connected to my Broker Profile, I cannot view Trading Performance Report or Historical Orders - Chart Trading.
If I am not connected, I can see all information in Order and Positions Tracker, so why cant I view the Trading Performance Report?

Is it possible to make Trading Performance Report and Historical Orders - Chart Trading available, when I am not connected to a Broker Profile?

Thanks
J
Last edited by JBall on Jun 17 2024, edited 1 time in total.

strelow

Jun 17 2024

I have similar situation

I have two strategy day and 6 hours

but only resolution "Day" in strategy Position appear is missing 6h:

In portfolio real time autotrading both strategy show correcty.

In version 14 works well.

Polly MultiCharts

Jun 18 2024

Hello Polly,

thank you very much for the helpful link on differences between Strategy Performance Report and Trading Performance Report.
My question refers to Trading Performance Report.

Why is it necessary to be connected to a broker profile to view Trading Performance Report or show Historical Orders - Chart Trading?
If I am not connected to my Broker Profile, I cannot view Trading Performance Report or Historical Orders - Chart Trading.
If I am not connected, I can see all information in Order and Positions Tracker, so why cant I view the Trading Performance Report?

Is it possible to make Trading Performance Report and Historical Orders - Chart Trading available, when I am not connected to a Broker Profile?

Thanks
J
JBall,

The connection between account and symbol is created within the broker profile that is why Trading Performance Report is available only when it is connected.
This is designed behavior and it cannot be changed at the moment.

Polly MultiCharts

Jun 18 2024

I have similar situation

I have two strategy day and 6 hours

but only resolution "Day" in strategy Position appear is missing 6h:

In portfolio real time autotrading both strategy show correcty.

In version 14 works well.
Strelow,

That behavior might be connected with the delays in the Order and Position Tracker our devs are working on at the moment.