MultiCharts .NET 15 Release 2

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
Kate MultiCharts

Jul 10 2024

Dear Users,

We are happy to announce that MultiCharts .NET 15 Release 2 is now available for download!

This release includes the highly anticipated OKX connection, an upgraded Trades Summary report, and numerous other features, fixes, and enhancements, including the improved data display in the Order and Position Tracker.

Find more info in our blog and the What's New section, and download the latest release from our Download page.

Thank you for your continued support!

HellGhostEvocatorX

Jul 10 2024

Good day. I thought you wanted to give me a suitable birthday present :D, but unfortunately the bugs I discovered have not yet been fixed. But one after anonther:

1. If I now go to start standard simulated trading, a new window opens with (in my case 3 time series/symbols)
a) Is this all the available data on the computer? For example, I only have the Russel2000 as a symbol, but the EUR/USD is also shown to me.
b) there is no distinction between the data form, such as tick, daily, min,...
c) why do I only see gray bars/lines, which according to the legend would mean no data, but that can't be true since the corresponding candlestick chart is also displayed on my chart.

d) If I start once after simulated trading and then close multicharts, the data collector process no longer seems to close on its own. I noticed this because I couldn't start the patch "app" and the data collector is still active in the task manager process is displayed.

2. The bug with the loading bar not disappearing still seems to exist. viewtopic.php?t=54303

3. The problem with the days not being displayed in the future also persists.
viewtopic.php?t=53859

4. What does this mean and how do I use this function: "It’s now possible to define session borders when creating custom resolutions."

Kate MultiCharts

Jul 11 2024

Good day. I thought you wanted to give me a suitable birthday present :D, but unfortunately the bugs I discovered have not yet been fixed. But one after anonther:

1. If I now go to start standard simulated trading, a new window opens with (in my case 3 time series/symbols)
a) Is this all the available data on the computer? For example, I only have the Russel2000 as a symbol, but the EUR/USD is also shown to me.
b) there is no distinction between the data form, such as tick, daily, min,...
c) why do I only see gray bars/lines, which according to the legend would mean no data, but that can't be true since the corresponding candlestick chart is also displayed on my chart.

d) If I start once after simulated trading and then close multicharts, the data collector process no longer seems to close on its own. I noticed this because I couldn't start the patch "app" and the data collector is still active in the task manager process is displayed.

2. The bug with the loading bar not disappearing still seems to exist. viewtopic.php?t=54303

3. The problem with the days not being displayed in the future also persists.
viewtopic.php?t=53859

4. What does this mean and how do I use this function: "It’s now possible to define session borders when creating custom resolutions."
Hello,
  1. If I understand correctly, you've selected these symbols to download data using Market Data Sim/Collect Data option . Once the download was complete, the corresponding charts opened up.
    a) Please refer to the Data Availability page for information about symbols and data available with Market Data Sim.
    b) Tick and minute data available on the server is downloaded. You can switch resolutions on the chart as usual: Format → Instrument → Settings tab.
    c) Please attach a screenshot demonstrating the period marked gray (No data), but present on your chart.
    d) This behavior is expected if you're downloading or collecting data and the "Collect data when QuoteManager is closed" option is checked in File → Preferences → Data tab.
  2. As mentioned in the corresponding post, we were unable to replicate the behavior on our end. Polly suggested further investigation via remote connection.
  3. Please refer to the related Project Management thread here.
  4. We've added the ISessions interface to CustomResolutionsTypes, allowing for defining session borders for custom resolutions.

HellGhostEvocatorX

Jul 11 2024

1. thanks for the reply. In fact, the 3 icons under
"Downloading Level 2 Data
To download Level 2 data

Go to Format → Simulated Trading → Collect Data → Sample Data tab The window still appears in standard simulated trading, even though I'm in offline mode. Does that really make sense?

so I was confused. Because I only selected one symbol under "format instruments".

I still don't understand why the gray bars in the new popup are labeled no-data. Does this mean live data? because offline I have e.g. the year 2000 as daily candles. The time period is also shown to me in the pop-up window as a gray bar, so data should be there, but I don't understand the legend "no data" in this context. Or if the data is always based on multicharts' own market data-sim data, then this should be clear.

d) but is this behavior also to be expected when I am in offline mode? I think it's not desirable in this context.

2. / 3. I had already granted remote access, so I assume that the problem is still being worked on, otherwise I would be happy to grant further remote access.

4. Thanks for the link, I'll take a closer look at it :)

wzero

Jul 22 2024

"Issues for this release:

The Chart Trading Panel becomes unresponsive after the first open. (20% chance reproducible with LMAX broker profile)
Multicharts processes cannot shut down after closing Multicharts.NET. (80% chance reproducible after running Multicharts.NET for a while)"

Kate MultiCharts

Jul 23 2024

1. thanks for the reply. In fact, the 3 icons under
"Downloading Level 2 Data
To download Level 2 data

Go to Format → Simulated Trading → Collect Data → Sample Data tab The window still appears in standard simulated trading, even though I'm in offline mode. Does that really make sense?

so I was confused. Because I only selected one symbol under "format instruments".

I still don't understand why the gray bars in the new popup are labeled no-data. Does this mean live data? because offline I have e.g. the year 2000 as daily candles. The time period is also shown to me in the pop-up window as a gray bar, so data should be there, but I don't understand the legend "no data" in this context. Or if the data is always based on multicharts' own market data-sim data, then this should be clear.

d) but is this behavior also to be expected when I am in offline mode? I think it's not desirable in this context.

2. / 3. I had already granted remote access, so I assume that the problem is still being worked on, otherwise I would be happy to grant further remote access.

4. Thanks for the link, I'll take a closer look at it :)
I double-checked the cases with "the loading bar not disappearing" and "days not being displayed in the future" with our development team. They are currently working on them.
As a workaround for the first one, you can disable the "Show statuses on chart" option in File → Preferences → Misc tab → Charting section.

Regarding data downloading, Market Data Sim sample data is downloaded from our servers, which is why it’s available in Offline mode.

When loading sample instruments, the chart is built with the 5 days back data range, and the same amount of Level 2 data is loaded from our server. The Data Availability window is intended for 7 days, but since data is loaded for only 5 days, there is a gray area. This is normal. If you click on the gray area, the data for the Market Data Sim symbols will be downloaded.

Kate MultiCharts

Jul 23 2024

The Chart Trading Panel becomes unresponsive after the first open. (20% chance reproducible with LMAX broker profile)
Multicharts processes cannot shut down after closing Multicharts.NET. (80% chance reproducible after running Multicharts.NET for a while)"
Hello wzero,

When either of the reported issues occurs, please send us a Feedback report.

Click Windows Start and start typing "Feedback", the app will pop up.
In the Feedback window please select:
  • Attach a screenshot;
  • Attach log files…;
  • Attach minidump for crash analysis;
  • Snapshot of the current MC setup;
  • Open workspaces…;
  • Upload collected data to Help Desk;
    uncheck other options and click Send.

wzero

Jul 23 2024

The Feedback application itself stalls on "Creating application data backup... Exporting symbol mapping settings..." after the issue "Multicharts processes cannot shut down after closing Multicharts.NET". So I cannot create a feedback on this issue.

Hello wzero,

When either of the reported issues occurs, please send us a Feedback report.

Click Windows Start and start typing "Feedback", the app will pop up.
In the Feedback window please select:
  • Attach a screenshot;
  • Attach log files…;
  • Attach minidump for crash analysis;
  • Snapshot of the current MC setup;
  • Open workspaces…;
  • Upload collected data to Help Desk;
    uncheck other options and click Send.