Link theoretical and executed trades by SW

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
xyz

Jul 15 2024

I am using IB as broker and I set it up to save automatically every day the list of trades which among other field it contains (for each trade) an ID like "MultiCharts: ID=[xxxxxx]".
I want to link this list of trades with those generated in the charts of MC for monitoring purposes.
How can I get in PowerLanguage this ID or anything else that can link trades between IB and MC one to one?
Thank you.

Fabio

Jul 16 2024

May I ask you which IB report are you using? I have created some Flex Query reports, but the field "Order ref." doesn't get populated with "Multichats: ID=..." despite this field being available in the IB software when the order is executed.
Thanks.

xyz

Jul 16 2024

I use the following config in TWS: 'File' -> 'Global Configuration...' -> 'Export Trade Reports' and then I enable 'Export Trade Reports Periodically' and there you can add custom columns one of which include "Multichats: ID=..."

Are in your case be able to link in any other way with the trades of MC?

Fabio

Jul 16 2024

Unfortunately not. The additional problem is that in the MC Order and Position Tracker you get the theorical price only for limit and stop orders, not for market orders.

faraz

Sep 03 2024

I am using IB as broker and I set it up to save automatically every day the list of trades which among other field it contains (for each trade) an ID like "MultiCharts: ID=[xxxxxx]".
I want to link this list of trades with those generated in the charts of MC for monitoring purposes.
How can I get in PowerLanguage this ID or anything else that can link trades between IB and MC one to one?
Thank you.
OrderID function not available.
PosTradeEntryName and PosTradeExitName might do the trick.

Trading Excellence ! ! !
1stChoiceStrategy.com