Pop-up and Telegram alerts issues

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
svh002

Jul 23 2024

Hello,

Sorry for combining 2 topics in a single post, I figured they might share some similarities in the solution.

1. Po-up alerts: How can I deactivate or reduce the frequency of some of the yellow pop-up alerts?
The issue I've been having is the app crashing for an excess number of these. Sometimes I load a chart for an instrument for which I don't have real-time data. if I'm AFK for a while, a new alert will pop-up every few seconds and start accumulating until the whole app starts to freeze and you cannot click them away nor close the chart... etc. Making me force Multicharts to close via Task Manager. Which is not great when I have several charts trading live.
Can I de-activate the Delayed data alert? or make so it only appears once per chart? this is a big risk

2. Telegram alerts: I set up the telegram bot a couple of weeks ago, and successfully tested it a couple of times. However, I don't know what to expect from it.
Is there a way I can get alerts if something is wrong? Like connection to the broker failed, or the data feed was interrupted. Multicharts crashed etc.? (all of those things had happened since I set up Telegram but didn't receive anything)
That's were I see the most value coming from this feature, as I'm personally not interested in alerts from the charts getting to my phone.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me

Kate MultiCharts

Jul 23 2024

Hello svh002,

1. You can disable it in the Interactive Brokers data feed settings by going to QuoteManager → Tools → Data Sources.
To apply the changes, please restart all MultiCharts applications.

2. Alerts should be generated by your script.
You need to code a condition using the Alert keyword to specify when you want the alert to be triggered.
For examples, please refer to the threads linked below.
Attachments
Show Delayed Data Alert.png
(27.34 KiB) Not downloaded yet